Time Line of My Open Heart Surgery
In October of 2018 I had open heart surgery to correct a congenital heart defect. This is the third post in a series of posts about my surgery. These posts will tell my story through open heart surgery. If you haven’t already, check out the rest of the My Story posts. Want to know the whole story? Check out my Introduction post.
May 2018
- My pediatrician hears a heart murmur and refers me to the cardiologist.
June 2018
- My cardiologist does an EKG (my first, of many) and sees a heart murmur.
- My cardiologist does an Echo (again, my first of many) and sees a heart murmur.
- My cardiologist refers me to children's for a cardiac MRI.
August 2018
- At children's I have an MRI. The doctors see a hole in my heart and tells me I need open heart surgery.
September 2018
- I get the date for my surgery.
- I have my last day of swimming.
October 2018
- October 1st: I have my surgery.
- October 2nd: I get out of the ICU.
- October 4th: I get out of the hospital.
- End of October: I go to the ER because I have fluid in my lungs - a pleural effusion.
November 2018
- The fluid in my lungs is gone.
- I have my first day of swimming! I swam for 30 minutes
December 2018
- I feel a lot better!
- I have my first full swim practice (100x100s on new years eve!).
January 2019
- I have my birthday (I turn 13).
- I swim at my first swim meet.
- I continue to feel more and more like myself.
April 2019
- The cardiologist gives me a clean bill of health.
- I feel completely normal.
- I start writing this blog.
October 2019
- One year since my surgery
Comments
Post a Comment